Keep Simsbury’s downtown vibrant, and get great benefits! What are the things that make a small town special? The schools and the neighborhoods? The sense of togetherness and community? A welcoming main street you can drive or walk down? Simsbury Main Street Partnership believes it is all these things and more. And our singular purpose is to keep Simsbury a wonderful place to live, work, shop and play. Simsbury Main Street Partnership is a community project—it takes all of us to keep Simsbury special. Your ideas, your energy, your volunteerism and your support is invaluable and needed.
Make a donation today to become a Main Street Member and get these benefits:
• Discounts on Carol Wallace scenic, Simsbury fine-art prints ($100 contribution and above)
• Get first choice of volunteer opportunities at Main Street events
Why Downtown is Important
• It is a reflection of community image, pride, prosperity, and level of investment
• It represents a significant portion of our tax base
• It is home to many local, independent businesses. They keep profits in town, and support our schools, charities, teams and other organizations
• It is our historic core, embodying our rich past and visual identity
• A healthy Main Street core protects property values in all our residential neighborhoods.
Join Us in Keeping Our History Alive
We are currently working with the Town to upgrade and restore Eno Memorial Hall, so that the countless community groups that use it will be able to continue to do so for many years to come. Eno is our Community Center and we’re committed to preserving it for future generations.
We’ve already accomplished:
• A Comprehensive Preservation Study for the entire building
• Fundraising and design of the five marble benches on the front terrace
• Moving the Veterans Memorial so that it is more prominently featured
• Helped oversee fire code upgrades to insure they were done in “character” of historic building designs
We’re still working on:
• Fundraising for two marble planters
• Fundraising to repair and restore the clock
• Interior repairs that will benefit other groups, including the Senior Center